Further to my post ‘What would be your Genius Hour?’ on June 3, 2014, here is a website link to the UKEdChat discussion on Genius Hour. The session set out to explore the following:
- How do you currently integrate students interests in the classroom through learning experiences?
- What is the benefit of pursuing student passions, interests and talents in the classroom?
- How did you hear about the concept of Genius Hour?
- What problems do you think you might encounter while implementing Genius Hour?
- Share one thing that you have learnt about Genius Hour this evening.
Further to the excellent ideas raised during the discussion, UKEdChat also provided some very useful website links to help support the implementation of Genius Hour:
Please post any of your own ideas and experiences below.
Through the power of Twitter, the concept of Genius Hour has been spreading across the hyperspace education world. The Genius Hour website states:
‘During genius hour students of all levels are empowered to explore their own passions. Discover how to transform your classroom into a place where students want to come in and learn.’
Watch the video below to see what it is all about and consider how Genius Hour could work at Hamford.
To find out more, click on the web link here. What would be your Genius Hour? How would you implement it in your class?